Atomos Sumo 4K 12bit RAW 19 inch On Set and Studio Monitor/Recorder
Free sunhood for a limited time only!
Jigsaw Code: X395AAS
Manufacturer Code: AO-ATOMSUMO19
Platform: cross platform
The first production monitor that also records 4K 12bit Raw, 10bit ProRes/DNxHR, plus 1080p60 live switching and recording. For the first time, your on-set production monitors can be HDR capable and have recording capabilities. Now every monitor is not only for high end shot preview, it can also record dailies, proxies or 4k60p masters and has playback controls awat from the camera team on a high quality, calibrated 19" 1200nit 10-bit HDR screen.
The Aluminium alloy chassis with built-in armor houses ten mounting points around the top/bottom/side, a rear panel VESA mount and an included stand for a variety of mounting configurations. Alongside of the XLR connections for power and balanced audio, there is a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack and built-in speakers. The optional mounting plates connect dual V-Lock or Anton Bauer batteries work in tandem with our patent pending continuous power system. This allows batteries to be hot swapped to ensure you are never without power in the field.
Seamlessly connect any SDI or HDMI device and convert between HDMI 2.0 and SDI (3G QuadLink/6G/12G) in any combination. Quad SDI inputs connect cameras with multiple 1.5 or 3G SDI outputs without the need for converters. HDMI 2.0 supports up to 4Kp60 input/output along with the very latest Atomos open protocol that supports HDR automation including importing of camera settings. There is also support for Genlock and LTC timecode.
Capture the RAW output from Sony FS5/FS7/FS700, Canon C300MKII/ C500 or Panasonic Varicam LT over SDI up to 12-bit 4Kp30 as CDNG or 10-bit Apple ProRes / Avid DNxHR up to 4Kp60 / 2Kp240 depending on the cameras capability. The processing power of Sumo preserves pristine quality direct from the sensor with data rates of up to 3.2 Gbps. Make working with multi-cam a breeze. Switch and mix a live record and stream or record 4 x HD ISO recordings using the QuadLink SDI connections. Switch between feeds on screen with cueing, cross fade and hard cuts from the locked sources or tag and adjust final edits with advanced metadata tagging preserving ISO feeds, with the desired final result infinitely editable.
Eliminate the need for a separate audio recorder by using the full size XLR connections to connect and power external microphones for balanced analogue audio with dedicated meters and adjustments for frame delay and gain. 48V phantom mics or line level audio are all seamlessly synchronized for the most advanced audio feature set in a monitor today. There is also a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack and built-in speakers for on set instant immersive review or complete internal recording review anytime anywhere with clients or production team.
The Sumo's 19" 1920x1080 10-bit LCD panel is driven by the AtomHDR engine which precisely maps the Log/PQ/HLG from popular cameras, game consoles or TV makers to perfectly resolve 10+ stops of HDR in real time. The brightness range and vivid colors of HDR bring scenes to life either on the monitor itself, or when output to larger HDR/Rec709 displays for on set review. It can also be used with popular NLE or grading suites for affordable HDR or SDR editing or grading in the studio.
- Media Type
- 2.5 inch SSD/HDD compatibility depends on recording format, resolution and frame rate
- Media Slots
- Master Caddy II
- Dependant on media
- Record Time
- Dependant on media
- PlayBack Formats
- Same as record formats
- Record Formats
- Raw Record Raw to ProRes / DNxHR Video to ProRes / DNxHR (DNx utilizes a .MOV wrapper) 4K DCI, 4K UHD, 2K, 1080
- Built-in Display
- 19 inch
- 1920 x 1200
- Video Inputs
- Quad link 4 x 3G SDI* or up to 12G single link SDI / HD SDI / SD SDI / HDMI / (camera dependent)
- Audio Inputs
- 2ch balanced XLR analog in/out / HDMI 2 or 8ch 24-bit, camera dependant. SDI 12ch 48kHz 24-bit / _
- Video Outputs
- 3G SDI / HD SDI / SD SDI / HDMI / _ / _ / _ / _ / via HDMI
- Component (Quantity)
- Audio Outputs
- 2 x XLR Out (optional LEMO breakout cable required) / HDMI 2 or 8ch 24-bi, camera dependant, SDI 12ch 48kHz 24-bit / Stereo unbalanced headphone jack (1 x 3.5mm jack) with volume control
- 1 x LANC in
- Down-Converts 4K input to 1080p at matching frame rate (enable via inchinput inch menu) / HDMI to SDI, SDI to HDMI / SDI Metadata support- HD RP188 and closed captioning.
- 5.6kg without batteries, media & stand
- H 310mm W 504mm D 63mm
- Power Consumption
- 14.4V nominal
- Power Requirements
- V-Lock / Anton Bauer via XLR terminal (optional mounting plates available)
- 1 year. Extended to 3 years on product registration
What's in the Box
- Sumo unit, Master Caddy II x 1, AC power supply